The 13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition
15 May' 20 - 02 Sep' 20
Aged between 14 and 24
Various Prizes with Certificate
• All entries must be original works, in English.
• Each entrant may submit only one essay.
• All entries are final. No revisions are accepted.
• Plagiarism and off topic will result in disqualification.
• Entries should not have been previously published in other professional media.
• Entries must be from 800 to 1000 words in length. This does not include referencing such as footnotes and bibliography.
• Entrants must first register at tunza.eco-generation.org in order to submit their essay online.
• All entries must be double spaced in Times New Roman 12pt, with numbered pages in one of the following formats. All other formats will be disqualified.
- MS Word
- Word Perfect
• The personal information in the entry must be correct. If the competition winner is not reachable due to wrong information (contact number, address and etc.) the prize will be canceled and be automatically given to the next runner-up.
• The decisions of the judges are final and are entirely their own and in no part represents the opinion of Samsung Engineering.
• At the discretion of the judges, all well-written essays may be published on the relevant Websites.
Competition Details :
Samsung Engineering jointly with United Nations Environment Programme invites entries for “The 13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition” inviting the youth all over the world to raise awareness on the theme of the upcoming World Environment Day – Time for Nature.
The UN Environment Programme is the leading environmental authority in the United Nations system. It was founded as a result of the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment in June 1972 and has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. UN Environment Programme uses its expertise to strengthen environmental standards and practices while helping implement environmental obligations at the country, regional and global levels.
Inspiring and creative stories on why we should reverse biodiversity loss with regards to its causes, effects, and consequences.
Eligibility Criteria :
Tunza Eco-generation members aged between 14 to 24
Competition Stages :
Start Date: 2020-05-14T18:30:00Z
End Date: 2020-09-02T06:30:00Z
Important Dates :
02 Sep 2020
15 Nov 2020, 12 AM
Result Date & Time
Other Information :
Rewards and Prizes
UN Environment Prize(1 Person): E-Certificate & Samsung Tab S [Rs. Above INR 36,000]
Samsung Engineering Prize(2 Persons): E-Certificate & Samsung Tab A [Rs. Above INR 10,000]
Eco-generation Prize(3 Persons): E-Certificate & Eco-Generation Souvenirs & Books [Rs. N/A]
Honorable Mentions(20 Persons): E-Certificate [Rs. N/A]