5th National Social Enterprise Idea Challenge: Response to COVID - 19 crisis
Azim Premji University
15 Jul' 20 - 02 Oct' 20
INR 150000 Worth of Cash Prizes
More than 1
All registered teams will receive one submission form asking team details, details of the target problem, specifics about preliminary survey/ pilot, details of the idea, resource mobilization, future plan
Competition Details :
Inviting innovative and impactful ideas from students across India providing solutions to the problems posed by COVID-19 pandemic.
The Azim Premji University Social Enterprise Cell invites Ideas from students to help institutions, communities and individuals to face and overcome many issues that are coming up with the COVID - 19 crisis. The COVID - 19 is far more than a health crisis; it has affected the economy and livelihood of people and has challenged our institutions, systems and the overall society. Vulnerable groups like marginal farmers and casual labourers engaged in agriculture and allied sectors, small scale fishers, artisans, petty traders, informal workers in both urban and rural places, forest dwellers are worst hit by the crisis. There is a need to seriously look for innovative and doable ideas to mitigate the crisis as well as offer solutions for a better future.
This year’s Idea Challenge initiative is specifically looking for -
- Solutions that will empower communities (strengthening livelihood, public health, service delivery, local governance, education etc.)
- Solutions that will support NGOs/Philanthropic organizations/Citizen groups in their pandemic response
- Solutions that will equip our front-line workers--- ASHA, ANM, ICDS, Nurse, NGO frontline workers, etc;
- Solutions that will strengthen the monitoring systems at any scale
- Solutions that will enhance specific measures by Hospitals, municipalities, Gram Panchayats, Block Panchayats, etc.
- Submissions must be from a team consisting of more than 1 student; they can be from the same institution or students from different institutions can collaborate
- Preferences will be given to submissions that try to provide details of a preliminary engagement with the target group – this can be either a basic survey to understand the status or a small pilot of an intervention done by the team members
- The idea must be sensitive to the ecological concerns as well as to equity and social justice
- Ideas will be judged on – the feasibility and sustainability of the proposed solution, resource mobilization, innovativeness, community involvement, social justice and minimal impact on the environment
Eligibility Criteria :
Students enrolled in class 11 and 12, in colleges and Universities, Research institutions.
Competition Stages :
Start Date: 2020-07-14T18:30:00Z
End Date: 2020-10-02T18:29:00Z
Important Dates :
02 Oct 2020
15 Dec 2020, 12 AM
Result Date & Time
Other Information :
Rewards and Prizes
Winner: Cash Prize [Rs. INR 75000]
1st Runner Up: Cash Prize [Rs. INR 50000]
2nd Runner Up: Cash Prize [Rs. INR 25000]