K12 Techno Services Pvt. Ltd.
23 Oct' 20 - 22 Nov' 20
INR 75000 Worth of Cash Prizes
Team of at most 4 members.
There are 3 themes of the hackathon, you must submit a hack that is in one of mentioned themes.
Once the hackathon starts, you will get an option to submit your hack. One submission per team is allowed, with no restriction on number of revisions made.
You are expected to come up with new and innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
Your hack must be developed entirely during the Hackathon duration. You may use open source libraries and other freely available systems / services.
Competition Details :
The world is now more connected and online than ever before. Technology has advanced leaps and bounds in being able to make use of data in different forms to derive actionable insights. With the advent of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, the possibilities are limitless.
With that said, K12 Techno Services presents Hack-ED v1.0, inviting all developers and hackathon enthusiasts to come up with fantastic ideas to build products from scratch. Code your way from backend to frontend and design products that are unique, valuable, and user friendly!
This hackathon is open to all developers who have an eye for design and passion for code. Participants can either hack individually or as a team of upto four participants. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn with other teams, showcase your talent, and compete for prizes!
Develop a layer of analysis over video feed. It should be focussed around applications in a school or a classroom environment.
- Classroom environment: How much students are participating in discussions, how is the discipline in the class etc
- School environment (outside classroom): Discipline in corridors and open areas, Gents entering ladies washrooms and vice versa, Detecting vandalism, Detecting medical emergencies etc
- Hostel environment: Students outside dorms after designated timings, Unauthorized entry in campus etc
- School Buses: Driver drowsy, driver talking on cellphone while driving, driver/conductor smoking in the bus etc
Feel free to work on any other application relevant to the school ecosystem. The analysis can be on live feed triggering alerts in real-time or on recorded feed for consolidated analysis
On Front End:
- Build an interface to upload a video for analysis
- Display results in a presentable manner for the uploaded video
- Display results of previously uploaded videos (optional)
On Back end:
- Build the algorithm to analyze the video and identify the event(s) of your choice
- Store the clip showing the event occurrence and capture the relevant details
- The data sharing between Frontend and Backend should be in JSON format rendered over REST APIs.
- Zip all your Source Code, Screenshots, Deployment Instructions/Readme and Upload
- Implement multiple relevant use cases successfully for extra points
Build a mobile/desktop/web app that helps you grade multiple-choice tests in minutes. Allow teachers to scan the OMR Sheet submitted by students with their smartphone, and the app does the rest.
Preferred stack : A mobile App that consumes Python REST APIs.
The key features of the app are:
- Upload answer key - Question Number, Correct Option, Marks for correct answer
- Start evaluating answer sheets. Allow multiple answer sheets to be evaluated with the same key. Question number will be numeric on the OMR Sheet.
- Store and Display Results - student wise and aggregate
- If the app can read the 10 digit unique student enrollment number handwritten on the OMR answer sheet and store the result against the enrollment number.
- If the app can be handle different types of questions (MCQs with more than 4 options, MCQs with more than one correct answer)
Build an application that can automatically evaluate handwritten mathematical problems.
Eg. given an equation 2+3 = 5, it should be able to tell whether the answer is correct or not.
Preferred tech stack: A mobile App that consumes Python REST APIs.
Start with simple arithmetic operations on integers - Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division. It should follow the BODMAS principle.
If more complex use cases can be handled such as working with fractions, decimals, exponents etc. Sky's the limit for allowing evaluation of complex calculations and mathematical expressions.
Eligibility Criteria :
Open to All
Competition Stages :
Start Date: 2020-10-23T12:30:00Z
End Date: 2020-11-22T17:30:00Z
Important Dates :
22 Nov 2020
27 Nov 2020, 12 AM
Result Date & Time
Other Information :
Rewards and Prizes
1st Prize: Cash Prize [Rs. INR 40,000]
2nd Prize: Cash Prize [Rs. INR 25,000]
3rd Prize: Cash Prize [Rs. INR 10,000]