Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education For SC StudentsGovernment Of India
SC students having family income up to Rs. 8 lakhEligibility
Full tuition fee and non-refundable chargesBenefits
Nov. 30, 2020Apply before
About the Scholarship
Objectives and Coverage:
- The Scheme aims at recognizing and promoting quality education amongst students belonging to SCs, by providing full financial support. The Scheme will cover SC students for pursuing studies beyond 12th class.
- The Scheme will operate in all the institutions notified by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for FY 2020-21 only, subject to extension of the Scheme beyond the indicated period.
- The scholarship, once awarded, will continue till the completion of the course, subject to satisfactory performance of the student.
- Those SC students having total annual family income from all sources up to Rs. 8.00 lakh and having secured admission in a full-time prescribed course in any of the notified institutions according to the general selection criteria prescribed by the concerned institution, will be eligible for scholarship under the Scheme to the extent of the number of scholarships (slots) allocated to the institution for the course.
- In case the number of eligible students admitted exceeds the number of slots allotted to the institution, the scholarship will be restricted to the top students in the inter-se merit list based on the admission criteria for the course as mentioned in Annexure-II. However, if there is more than one student with equal marks for the last available slot in an institution, preference should be given to the student with the lower family income. The remaining students from SC category admitted in the institution shall be eligible for the Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) administered by this Ministry through State Governments/UT Administrations, provided such students are otherwise eligible under the said scheme.
- In case the institution finds that the number of eligible candidates in the 1st year are less than the number of slots allotted to it, the balance slots may be offered to eligible students studying in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year, etc. on the basis of inter-se merit of previous year’s result giving priority to those with higher number of years left to complete their respective course i.e. 2nd year students are to get priority over the 3rd year students and so on.
- Thirty percent (30%) of slots allotted to the Institution shall be reserved for eligible SC girl students as per their inter-se merit. In the absence of sufficient number of girl students, the slots may be transferred to eligible boy students as per their inter-se merit.
- However, the 30% slots as mentioned above will not include those girl students who are selected on the basis of their performance in the overall merit list of SC students of the Institution.
- The benefit of the Scheme will not be provided to more than 2 siblings in a family. The students will submit an affidavit in the Institution to certify that he/she is not the third sibling of the family who is availing benefit under the Scheme.
- The scholarship will be terminated if the student fails to get promoted to the next semester/ class.
Funding Pattern & Mode of Payment:
- The SC students, who secure admission in the notified institutions, will be awarded scholarship to meet the requirements for (i) full tuition fee and non-refundable charges (there will be a ceiling of Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum per student for private sector institutions and Rs. 3.72 lakhs per annum per student for the private sector flying clubs for Commercial Pilot Training and Type Rating Courses) (ii) living expenses to the beneficiary @ Rs. 3000/-per month per student (iii) books and stationery @ Rs. 5000/-per annum per student and (iv) a latest computer/laptop of reputed brand with accessories like UPS and printer limited to Rs. 45000/-per student as one time assistance during the course.
- The Scheme will be funded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment on 100% basis.
- The scholarship will become payable immediately after a student has secured admission and has started attending the classes.
- The payment of tuition fee and other non-refundable charges will be made directly to the institution by the Central Government through Direct Benefit Transfer mode.
- Similarly, the payment of living expenses, books & stationery and computer/laptop with accessories will be made directly to the student by the Central Government through Direct Benefit Transfer mode.
How to Apply ?
To Apply for this Scholarship Candidate needs to:
1. Go to official Portal by Clicking on Apply Now Button
2. Click on 'New Registration' Tab (For new user)
3. Complete the Registration
4. Apply for the Scholarship
Important Dates :
Sept. 1, 2020
Nov. 30, 2020