Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship For Students Belonging to the Minority CommunitiesGovernment Of India
Ethnic / MinorityCategory
Enrolled in Technical/Professional ProgramEligibility
Funds for Course Fee and Maintenance AllowanceBenefits
Oct. 31, 2020Apply before
About the Scholarship
1. OBJECTIVE: The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
2. SCOPE: The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a Government or private institution, selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. It will cover technical and professional courses at undergraduate and post graduate level. A list of courses are at Appendix-E.
3.ELIGIBILITY: Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh.
4.DISTRIBUTION: Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. A total of 60,000 scholarships are targeted to be distributed as ‘Fresh’ Scholarships, besides, Renewal scholarships. The distribution of scholarship among the States/Union Territories will be made on the basis of population of minorities in the States/Union Territories as per Census 2001 for 2017-18 and as per the population of minorities in the States/Union Territories of Census 2011 for 2018-19 and 2019-20 (as per Appendices-A & B).
- 30% scholarship is earmarked for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT which is transferable to male students of that community in case of non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT. 30% is the floor and not the ceiling for eligible girl students.
- If the physical target of scholarship for a particular minority community in a state/UT is not utilized, it will be distributed among the same minority community in other States/UTs strictly in accordance with merit and without disturbing the national ratio. Any unutilized community quota shall be distributed amongst other communities again in accordance with merit and without affecting the overall national quota.
- A student residing in a particular State/UT will be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that State/UT only irrespective of his/her place of study.
How to Apply ?
To Apply for this Scholarship Candidate needs to:
1. Go to official Portal by Clicking on Apply Now Button
2. Click on 'New Registration' Tab (For new user)
3. Complete the Registration
4. Apply for the Scholarship
Important Dates :
Aug. 20, 2020
Oct. 31, 2020