PG INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILDGovernment Of India
Girl / WomenCategory
Girl Student of PGEligibility
Oct. 31, 2020Apply before
About the Scholarship
The objectives of the proposed scheme are:
a)To support post graduate education of single girl child in postgraduate courses only.
b)To recognize the value of observance of small family norm.
- Girl students who are admitted in the first year of PG courses in the following Universities / Colleges and happen to be the only girl child in the family:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGC Act. Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC. Those Deemed Universities which do not receive funds from the Central/ State Government are not eligible institutions under the scheme.
- Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/State Government. Institutes of National Importance.
- Girl students without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughter may also apply for scholarship under the aforesaid scheme. In a family if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme.
- Slots : 3000
- Age limit: Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in first year of PG courses are eligible.
- The scheme is applicable to such single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time first year Masters Degree course in any designated university or a post graduate college.
- Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
NATURE OF ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE UNDER THE SCHEME:
- Amount of fellowship: Rs.36,200/-p.a. for a period of two years only i.e. full duration of a PG course. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING: The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal after initiation of application process and notice to be published on UGC website. The host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application. It is expected from the institutions where student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities/Colleges/Institutions
How to Apply ?
To Apply for this Scholarship Candidate needs to:
1. Go to official Portal by Clicking on Apply Now Button
2. Click on 'New Registration' Tab (For new user)
3. Complete the Registration
4. Apply for the Scholarship
Important Dates :
Sept. 1, 2020
Oct. 31, 2020