Prime Minister’s Scholarship SchemeGovernment Of India
Up to INR 3000 Per MonthBenefits
Feb. 28, 2021Apply before
About the Scholarship
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme was introduced from the Academic year 2006-07 to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows.
- A total number of 5500 wards / widows of Ex-servicemen are selected for scholarship in each academic year.
- Scholarships are equally divided amongst boys and girls i.e. 2750 each.
- Scholarships are paid for a period of one to five years as per the duration of the courses approved by the concerned regulatory bodies.
- Scholarship amount is paid annually to the selected students.
- Amount of Scholarship:
- Rs. 2500/- pm For Boys
- Rs. 3000/- pm For Girls
Students Eligible for Scholarship
- Students who have taken admission in 1st year (except Lateral Entry & Integrated Course) are only eligible to apply for PMSS.
- Students should have scored 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation.
- Students studying in 2nd or subsequent years are not eligible (except for integrated courses – where 1st portion is academic and 2nd portion is integrated as professional course). In such cases student need to apply for scholarship on taking admission as per ‘Para 18 of Important Instructions’ available at link PMSS – New Application – How to Apply for Scholarship.
- Students who are Dependent Wards / Widows of Ex Servicemen & Ex Coast Guard personnel.
- Wards of Civilians including Para Military Personnel are NOT ELIGIBLE.
The Eligibility Criteria for PMSS Courses are As Under :
- First Professional Degree Courses like BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, B Ed, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India, UGC etc.
- Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA / MCA Courses.
- Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. No distance learning course is permitted under PMSS. PMSS can be availed for ONE COURSE only
How to Apply ?
1. Click on 'Apply Now' button.
2. Register with your email/phone at portal.
3. Fill the required details.
4. Submit application form.
Important Dates :
Feb. 1, 2021
Feb. 28, 2021